I had never tried falafel before, nor did I have much of an idea of what to expect. We all liked them, though, and I would make them again. They were relatively easy to make. I halved the recipe because the of the size of our food processor, and it was plenty for the four of us. We served them in pitas with lettuce and some of the yogurt sauce.
Ingredients:
2 cans chickpeas
2 t. cumin
1 t. tumeric
1 t. salt
1/2 minced onion
1/4 c. fresh parsley (I just added some dried because that's what we had)
1/4 c. water
1 T. lemon juice
a dash of cayenne
1/3 c. flour.
3 T. oil
1. Drain and rinse chickpeas
2. Combine the chickpeas with the next 8 ingredients (through cayenne) in a food processor. Process until a paste, similar in texture to hummus.
3. Add the flour and mix until combined.
4. Heat a large skillet. Add the oil. Drop spoonfuls of mix into pan and slightly flatten like a pancake. Cook 10 min. per side.
Makes 24 (4 - 6 servings)
No comments:
Post a Comment