This is a great, comfort food recipe. I make this when I have leftover rotisserie chicken or leftover turkey after Thanksgiving.
The original recipe calls for baking the biscuits on top of the chicken mixture. I bake homemade biscuits separately. I am adding a recipe to the blog for the biscuits I make.
*Originally on Campbells.com
Ingredients:
1 can cream of potato or cream of chicken soup (I use the homemade, dairy-free version)
1 1/4 c. milk (or almond milk)
1/2 tsp dried thyme
2 C frozen or canned mixed veggies
2 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
*1 pkg refrigerated biscuit dough. (Instead of baking the biscuits on top, I bake homemade biscuits separately and serve them on the side. Some of my kids like to keep food separated!)
Directions:
1. Heat oven to 400 F. While oven is heating, stir soup, milk, thyme, veggies and chicken in ovenproof skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Heat over medium high to a boil, stirring often.
2. If you are baking the biscuits on top, arrange them over the chicken mixture.
3. Bake for 20 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown.
No comments:
Post a Comment