These are a recent find. Delicious and easy crockpot recipe. Serves 6. Originally found on iowagirleats.com
3 lb roast with visible fat trimmed and cut into large chunks
1 envelope of Zesty Italian dressing mix
8 oz. pepperoncini pepper slices plus a splash of juice (Patrick and I loved the hot peppers, but the boys preferred the mild ones. We bought spicy peppers to throw on top of our sandwiches.)
8 oz. Giardiniera (chicago-style italian sandwich mix). I've never been able to find this so I leave it out.
14.5 oz. beef broth
provolone cheese slices
hoagie buns
Place all ingredients in a crockpot and cook on low for 9 hours or until meat shreds easily with a fork. Shred meat and put back in crock pot for 1 hour on low.
Split buns length-wise. Top with shredded meat, cheese and additional peppers if you want.
No comments:
Post a Comment