Super easy, quick and delicious. Tastes like Chinese take-out. The veggies are very flexible, so you can add others that you have or leave out any you don't have. The original recipe only calls for peppers and onions. I have added frozen broccoli and water chestnuts. Other veggies would be yummy too.
Serves 4-6
2 T oil
1 1/2 pounds flank steak, cut into thin strips (I use whatever steak we have in the freezer. I have also used stew meat that I had accidentally thawed, and that was just fine)
1 medium onion, sliced thin
2-3 large bell peppers, sliced thin
2 gloves garlic, minced
1/3 c soy sauce
1/3 c honey
1/3 c red wine vinegar (I used rice vinegar that I had on hand. Regular vinegar would probably be okay too)
1-3 t. corn starch or other thickener (optional if you want a thicker sauce)
Cooked rice
1. Heat oil over medium high heat in a large skillet. Add steak and brown on each side. Remove steak.
2. Add onions, peppers, garlic (and any other veggies you want to add) and cook until veggies are tender.
3. Add meat back to the pan. Add soy sauce, honey and vinegar, and cook 10 min or so, until heated through. Sprinkle the cornstarch into the pan and mix it in. Cook until sauce thickens. Serve over rice.
No comments:
Post a Comment