This one was passed to us by Nick and Karen years ago, and I still make it often. Every time I make it, it gets rave reviews, and it is easy and quick, which makes it a winner in my book. It is originally from myrecipes.com
Yield: 4 servings
1 c. rice (prepare as directed on package, omitting oil)
1 lb. Chicken breast, cut in cubes
2 T. cornstarch
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t freshly ground pepper
1 T. canola oil
1 T. dark sesame oil (Since I don't have this, I just add another T of canola oil)
2 c. broccoli florets (I use frozen)
1 c. frozen shelled edamame (I usually sub green beans)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1/2 c. cashews, unsalted
1 T. rice vinegar (I just use distilled vinegar)
3 T. honey
2 T. soy sauce
1 T. hot sauce (adjust for your tastes - I use less because the kids don't like spicy)
1. Combine chicken and next three ingredients in a bowl and stir to coat. Heat large skillet over medium-high. Add oils. Add chicken and com 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Increase heat to high and add broccoli and next 4 ingredients (through red bell pepper). Cook 5 minutes until veggies are crisp-tender and chicken is done, stirring frequently.
2. Stir in cashews.
3. Combine vinegar and remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Stir with a whisk. Add to chicken mixture, and toss to coat. Serve with rice.
No comments:
Post a Comment